Caroline Miller Trail Fest 2015 – March 28, 2015
This was a day of fun and educational information for the whole family. The proceeds from this festival went to preserve and restore the home as a memorial to Caroline Pafford Miller, Georgia’s first Pulitzer Prize winner.
- Meet and greet with the descendants of Caroline Pafford Miller and Will D. Miller. We were honored to have Joye Cauthen, Joanne Bishop, and Dan Bishop join us as representatives of Caroline Miller’s family.
- Presentations about Caroline Miller from her great-niece, Joye Cauthen (10:30, 12:30, 2:30)
- Music on the porch by members of Station No. 7 and JoAnne Switzer.
- Music from Tales of the Altamaha quartet.
- Dramatic readings from Lamb in His Bosom (by Joye Cauthen)
- Children’s storytelling (by David and Carol Edgy)
- Animals to pet
- Locally made honey, jellies, and jams
- Copies of Lamb in His Bosom for sale
- Tours of the Caroline Miller house
- Refreshments : Cokes in bottles, Peanuts, Water. Chicken and Dumplings (one of Caroline Miller’s favorites!)
- Local actors portraying Caroline Miller and other characters from In the Pines.
- Welcome and opening remarks from Baxley’s Mayor Steve Rigdon
- Local stories and history from the Chairman of the County Commissioners, Lewis Parker.